How Germans take care of their health

The German healthcare system, Health care in Germany

The German Healthcare system is a public-private system that has its roots back to the 1880s. As of 2014, Germany according to WHO had a 77% health care system which was funded by the government (public) and the other 23% was funded privately. In the year 2018, Euro Health Consumer Index ranked Germany provides quality health care for its population at large. In the year 2017, it was one of the healthiest healthcare-providing systems in the world with a kept record reserve of more than 18 billion euros.

One of the major ways Germans take care of their health is through the consumption of supplements. They understand that the supplements provide their body with necessary nutrient it needs to function optimally and fight off diseases. If you are wondering what brand of supplements to buy or where to buy them, you can always read reviews about supplements German stores on to know the right store to patronize.

Germany has a universal healthcare system that is multi-played by a combination of statutory health insurance and private health insurance. Germany health insurance is offered three compulsory health benefits which are health insurance, accident insurance and long-term care insurance. The accident insurance covers the risk of working accident to employees at the workplace while the long-term care insurance is shared half and half by the employer and the employee in situations whereby a person cannot manage their daily needs.

The Health Insurance sector is divided into public health insurance and private health insurance. Since 2009, medical insurance has been a necessity, Germany even allows foreigners who come to study or work, partake in the Health Insurance program. Mandatory health insurance was only for low-income workers and some government employees but it has been expanded to cover the great population of the country. The German residents have access to the health care system through public insurance in Germany.

Women’s healthcare in Germany

Germany has good and quality medical care, they have professional design gynaecologist to help women with health issues. German gynaecologists offer reproductive health services as they advise and tutor women on pregnancy, contraception and the use of birth control pills, implants and injections. they also offer advice on sexual issues and abortion. Gynaecologists in Germany offer cancer screening for women over 20 years as they allow women to check for early symptoms of breast cancer, ovary cancer and other similar types of reproductive cancers. Checking of blood pressure, breast examination, examination of reproductive organs, the rectal exam for women above 45 years of age are also a part of the woman’s health care program

Children’s healthcare in Germany

Children are covered by public health insurance until they’re 18 years of age. Germany offers free vaccinations for children against diseases like measles, hepatitis, chickenpox Rubella etc. Most specialist children’s hospital provides treatment for diseases and offers emergency and outpatient care.


Mental Healthcare in Germany

A research review that around 5.3 million Germans suffer from depression every year. In recent years, Germany has focused more on mental health and there have been providing mental health care Germany makes it easy to access some services such as psychiatrists, psychologists and other mental health specialists.

Pharmacies in Germany open from Monday to Friday, they also provide addresses for service outside of their opening hours. A pharmacist provides information on dosage instructions or talks to customers who speak German