After a woman enters the period of hormonal adjustment, she begins to experience unpleasant sensations during intercourse. This can provoke a decrease in libido or even a complete rejection of sex. To avoid such an unpleasant outcome of events, you should resort to lubricants.
Features Of The Best Lubricant For Menopause
Before you choose a particular preparation, you must pay attention to the following peculiarities of the best natural lubricant for menopause dryness:
- The presence of lactic acid. This component supports the natural acid-base environment of the vagina, which is necessary to prevent the penetration of pathogenic microorganisms.
- The naturalness of the components. Various additives obtained through chemical reactions can provoke various adverse reactions, including allergies, increasing dryness.
- The presence of dyes, flavors and other substances that can irritate the delicate skin of the mucous membrane. Choose the best lubricant for menopause dryness
- The ability of a lubricant to exhibit antibacterial effects, which is extremely necessary against the background of a decrease in local immunity during the climacteric.
- The presence of dexpanthenol. This substance promotes early wound healing, which will reduce the risks of bacterial infection.
Only a doctor can advise this or that remedy, taking into account the individual characteristics of the menopausal woman. The choice always remains with the patient, since choosing the best lubricant for menopause dryness is possible only after testing several different lubricants.
How To Use The Best Sexual Lubricant For Menopause
Rules for the use of artificial lubrication:
- Before applying the best lubricant for menopause dryness, you should take a shower by thoroughly washing the genitals.
- Excess hair should be removed using a razor.
- If there is a tip, it is put on a tube of the product. After that, the lubricant is introduced into the vaginal cavity, as required by the instruction.
- Before applying lubes with menopause, you should take a shower.
- If the best personal lubricant for menopause is used to improve the quality of intimacy, it is applied to the labia and the entrance to the vagina, as well as the penis of the partner. During sex, additional hydration may be required.
Please note that not all lubricants can be used with condoms. Some of them lead to a violation of the integrity of the product, which cannot guarantee full protection against unwanted pregnancy.
Side Effects of Menopause Lubes
The most common side effect of the best lubricant for intercourse after menopause is an allergic reaction. It develops due to individual intolerance to specific lubricant components. It manifests itself in the form of such symptoms:
- swelling and feeling of heat in the vagina;
- itching and burning;
- pain during sexual intercourse;
- the appearance of uncharacteristic discharge;
- skin rash.
In the presence of such symptoms, it is necessary to clean the vagina as quickly as possible from the lubricant, take an antihistamine and go to the doctor for a consultation. To restore the mucosa, it will take some time, after which you can try the best lubricant for sex after menopause…